Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Tale #23 - The Tale Of Experimentation

Hi, all!

Anyways, tonight as you all know, I'm heading out to the movies and I'm definately looking forward to it! ^^

So before I get to the daily sketches, I ask you all to please bear with my lack of knowledge about American History because... uh... well... you know... I'm Canadian and I'm way better at Canadian History because that's what we're taught in school growing up. ^^;; So on to my main thingy here! To those in America, Happy America-type Day or as it's normally called "Independance Day" where a certain paper that looks a lot like the Canadian Charter Of Rights And Freedoms gets signed many many years ago. Or was it when that Civil-war-type thingy ended? Er... anyways, you get the picture. (Right? Uh... right? Hello....? ) Okay... before I go and start making up my own version of both Canadian and American History with nuclear powered laser monkeys and giant fighting robots from the Edo period, I think I'll move on to the daily sketches:


This is my first attempt at paper craft. I decided to try a poker table. Now a few notes here is that I didn't have enough brown and that the pieces I DID have were all cut up! So what I did was try to put a few pieces of brown paper together to make a bigger sheet. That's why you can see the seams.


This is my second attempt at paper craft. Instead, I went with something a bit simpler and just created a logo. It's the logo for highly explosive brainstorming. Beware! XD


Okay... it's a stylized Collette from Pixar's newest movie. I drew this a little while back but forgot to post it. So here it is now.

Oh... and before I go, I'm going to mention a brief list of projects here:

- A Day At The Passing Parade (The comicbook remake of the sorts) = After seeing the short one-shot old-school movie, "The Passing Parade," I was so inspired by it that I wanted to create a version of that movie as a comic. It's one of those oldy-but-goodies that you should ALL see at some point in your life. Anyways, the script is mostly complete.

- Steeleing 6: The Piolet = I'm still working out the piolet story for Steeleing 6 and how it's going to work out. It's mostly together inside my mind, it's just finishing it and putting it all to paper.

- Steeleing 6: "Animator-itis" = This is a goofy short story based in the Steeleing 6 universe about the mysterious epidemic that seems to be striking animators and artists all over the place.

- Steeleing 6 - Villian creation = Finally we've got a set of villians to pit against SixAir! I'm thinking of calling them StarSuits Inc. These guys are also an animation studio who always seems to be in SixAir's shadow and quite frankly, they're tired of it! So they're always scheeming of ways to put SixAir out of buisness for good. Sorta like the jealous next-door neighbours or something except more evil. Oh yeah... they're much more corporation like and are dominated by the Suits and they've lost their touch with what movies are really about. The Head of StarSuits Inc. is a man named Hans Von Heilt. Now as you've noticed, StarSuit and Hans Von Heilt is full of puns and referances like most stuff in the Steeleing 6 universe. For starters "Heilt" is pronounced "hilt" which is a referance to a sword hilt. StarSuits is a referance to corporate suits that appear in the actual real world media industry from time to time. Oh... and in case you're wondering, StarSuits is NOT referancing Dreamworks at all. I really didn't want that at all. I might refrance Dreamworks, but they aren't going to show up as villians.

- Steeleing 6 - Fighting-robots? = Well... I wanted to do something funny with SixAir and StarSuits both owning giant fighting robots and doing battle with eachother in a very goofy way. I also figured it would be an awesome way to introduce StarSuits as the villians. This idea is still up in the air still. ^^;

Anyways, see you all later!

No comments: