Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tale #28 - The Tale Of The New RenderFarm Smell

Hi, all!

Anyways, I've been really busy lately and there's an extremely good new reason for it - I got a new RENDERFARM! That's right! I've created a new renderfarm! You see, I managed to get an identical PC to what I usually use for my workhorse (Which is a Compaq Persario using an AMD processor and an ATI Radeon card! Woot! And in case you're wondering, I totally love Compaq and HP. Haven't had a single problem with that company/brand.) which makes me rather pleased. Now I've got the resources to hook them up and create the renderfarm I wanted. So what did I call the new computer to my renderfarm? Well... I decided to name it after someone who was very close to me - Checkers. In case you didn't know, Checkers was my dog who I've had since I was five. I couldn't imagine a time without her around. She was pretty much like my best friend. She passed away at the end of May. So as the very first computer in my renderfarm, I've decided to name it after her.

On another note, I'm also going to be picking up a new Mac in September and I'm picking it up for cheap (Try 500$ CAN cheap!). You see, my friend has only had their Mac for a year and they've just bought a new one, so they're going to be selling this one to me with all the fixings. So what am I going to do with it? I'm going to set up Maya PLE on it along with an evaluation copy of RenderMan for Maya. I figured that would be an awesome thing to learn and learn how to use. Now I already know how to use a Mac, but I've never rendered anything on one before so this should be very interesting.

As for the daily sketches, well... I don't have a lot of them and well... I wanna upload them when I've got a lot to show off. So there's no sketches for today, but I am going to highlight the current projects on my plate:

- Steeleing 6: Piolet, Animator-itis, Starsuit's Revenge (Working title. It's the one with the giant fighting robots.)

- A Day At The Passing Parade

- Trudge & Quill: The Animated Short (Working title)

- That top secret project I keep talking about and for all that I say about it, not much information is out there. XD

No comments: