Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tale #16 - The Tale Of More Sketches

Hi, all!

Yesterday's thunderstorm was a horrible one! It knocked out the power about 5 times! So now I'm back and it's nice and sunny out so that means that I've got power. ^^ So anyways, here's some more daily sketches as I promised you all.


This was a stylized cat I did. Although, I'm not liking the proportioning of the eyes. The proportioning was way off! That's what I get for drawing in low light levels.


This is just a quickish sketch of a lamp I've got.


I'll tell you all right now that I'm not fond of hard H or 2H leads. I just don't feel I'm at my best with them. I tend to stick to either HB, B, 2B or any other softer leads. Anyways, this is Kam from Steeleing 6 and she's playing a Japanese instrument. Oh! And just for the record, that's a type of kimono and NOT a dress. Oh.... and incidentally, I know I screwed up one of her thumbs. I haven't screwed up thumbs like that in years! Whoa.... that sorta came outta no where. I probably had a brainless moment there....


Okay... this is a landscape speed sketch. Now I've also put the original picture (Well... mostly original. That one was taken in April 2007. So uh... that's a dated image... but it's close enough) to give an idea of what I was sketching. What I was planning to do was add way more detail and make this look prettier. But here's was transpired - lots and lots of large and very ugly insects! And... THEY WERE EVERYWHERE! Yeah.... I'm not fond of bugs either for the most part and these ones that I'm talking about were unusually large, highly clumbsy, most-likely-to-land-on-your-head-and-ruin-your-day, extremely ugly beetle types and they kept trying to land on me and my artwork (And no doubt in my mind that like most insects around here... they probably bite too. Ugh! Don't like that either). So what was supposed to be a pretty sketch turned in to a 30-second speed sketch before I quickly got up and got out of there. Now it's totally okay if there were one or two insects like this flying around. I wouldn't exactly mind. But there was way more than that and there were loads of them! Luckily, I didn't get bitten by anything, so I got out of this unscathed. Thank god!

No comments: