Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tale #7 - The Tale Of Talkers

Hi, all!

Well.... I've been doing some reading and getting a wee bit of feedback on "Tales Of A Media Geek" (FINALLY!) and I've heard that someone wanted me to tackle a political subject. The thing is with politics is that I can talk about them, but they aren't all that interesting to talk about.

So just let me get this one bit out in the open before I keep on going - Almost all polticians creep me out. There are very few who don't creep me out at all. But these days, almost all of them do. So there's one reason why I don't like talking about politics much unless it's if I notice something funny about them. (EI: If they have a big nose or something. Ehhh... because I draw so much, I tend to notice things like that. I really can't help it either! XD ) The other reason why I don't like talking politics is because you're pretty much rehashing the same issues over and over again. I mean there are only so many ways to say the same stuff, right? So When it comes to that, I can talk about it but I also get bored by it. So I really can't keep my mind on it for very long.

Lastly is that EVERYONE talks politics. I mean almost every blog I've ran across will talk about it or elaborate on it. I want my blog here to be something different and not have to talk about politics. Everyone else has the whole politics thing covered, right? Why do you need to hear about it here when you've pretty much heard about it elsewhere?

So there's a few reasons why I won't tackle politics. But what I will tackle is the arts, animation, media, a few wacky stories, fun stuff, comics, and maybe even toss up a few tutorials for you as well. I wanna keep this much more of a fun and lighthearted thing. If I tackle something serious, it'll be one of those rare things and only for a short time before I move on to something else.

Anyways, speaking of moving on, now's time for SKETCHES OF THE DAY! So here's today's selection!

Chase And A Cat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/Kamui.EXE/CatAndChase.jpg

This is just a few quick sketches of Chase (House) and a cat I drew while watching House last night. I had my sketch book right there with me while watching and this is what came out!

Steeleing 6: Marcel 'Mar' Awnster
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/Kamui.EXE/Marcel.jpg

This is the monster character I was talking about for "Steeleing 6." His name is Marcel Awnster but everyone just calls him "Mar." Mar was originally in "A Monster's Life" but after the movie was finished, he continued working for SixAir as their resident IT guy. After I finished drawing him, he really came to life for me in my mind. In my mind, I can even hear what his voice sounds like. To me, he'd sound a lot like Dom DeLuise when he was in "All Dogs Go To Heaven."

Now as a note on SixAir, I'd like to point out that Mar, like all the other characters SixAir animated, exsists in both the computer AND in the real world. So at the same time he's a living being as well as a bunch of ones and zeros. There's an extremely good reason for this, but I'll leave that up to your imagination. ^_~

In The Mist
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/Kamui.EXE/GraveYard.jpg

Heh! Now here's me with my camera of choice! Anyways, this was taken back when there was still plenty of snow on the ground but there's was a huge chunk that was melting that was creating these ankle deep puddles. When I took this, my feet were soaked and cold, my face was frozen, my hair was turning to straw with the wintery-winds and yet..... I was still happy and having fun! The shot was extremely beautiful and it was one of those one time deals that I had to take no matter what. So I did. Anyways, what makes this interesting is that the graveyard appears to extend on forever and that it's incredibly big. But you couldn't be farther from the truth. In reality, about 15-20 feet away from the last tombstone you see in the distance is a chainlink fense and the highway. But it certainly doesn't look like it, now does it? It's as I always say "It's in how you frame it!" Depending on how you frame and set up your shot, you can create different illusions like I did here with the mist.

Anyways, that's all for now!

No comments: