Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tale #6 - The Tale Of Random Ideas

Hi, all.

I guess I've been doing some thinking for a little while. Recall how I said my city had a major creativity shortage and that there's no storytellers left besides my family? Well.... I was thinking and what pretty much came to mind is that perhaps for a little while, I should stop looking for what I can't find here. If I just keep looking for it and not find it, I will just be setting myself up in this vicious cycle of continuous disappointment. Instead, there's only one place I can find it right now and that's with me and the people closest to me. So I have to be the major creative one and be the storyteller here locally. As part of that plan, I hope to publish a children's book. You know.... the kind with text and matching pictures? Yeah.... that kind. I mean as it is right now, the book industry is looking for the next Harry or something and it looks like they might want some fresh new material anyways. So now seems like as good of time as any to make the attempt at getting published.

So here's how the mission stands:

OBJECTIVE #1 - CREATE CHILDREN'S PICTURE/STORY BOOK
OBJECTIVE #2 - KICK ASS AT IT
OBJECTIVE #3 - GET PUBLISHED

I'm not planning for a local publisher or anything. (Our local publishers = IP thieves! And maybe just thieves in general.... and I'm totally not joking.) But I'm going to try for a bigger one and see how it goes. You never know unless you try, right? So I'm going to do my best. The one thing about stories and storytelling is that stories are meant to be shared with others and not just kept to yourself. So I'll give it my best shot and see where it takes me.

2 comments: