Thursday, August 9, 2007

Tale #34 - The Tale of Digital Sketches

Hi, all!

Anyways, I don't have much freelance work to do right now which resulted in a little down time. So what did I do with it? Well firstly, I revisited an old sketch from Tale #26 - The Tale of Sketch Dumps and decided to try colouring it. In the end, I got a coolish looking vectored result. I have no idea if I wanna shade it or not. That's still up in the air.

Here's the digitally coloured sketch:



And here's the original:



Now moving on to my next sketch, this one has a small story:



The idea for this one came from Bill Pressing's Blog where he was talking about someone commisioning him to draw his Rex Steele character (no relation to Kam Steele what so ever. I picked "Steele" as a last name before I even saw Rex Steele. It's just a weird couincidence.) But so far, no one's clamed the commision. So here enters the quirky idea in my head of drawing a Rex-chibi to "guilt" the commisionee. So far, the only one I sorta "guilted" with it was Bill himself. I'm guessing if it worked on him, it'll work on everyone else. Huzzah! Another goofy plan with artwork to match by me! XD Well.... in any event, it was certainly fun to draw.

Other than today's daily sketches, I really don't have much else going right now. It's quiet.... and 56k-styled slow. So if anyone has any requests they want me to draw, I'll definately get to them. The rules for requests are on the side of the blog-page along with all the other tiny details.

Anyways, see you all later!

No comments: