Monday, August 27, 2007

Tale #41 - The Tale Of Dreams and Stories

Hi, all!

Well.... I woke up later than I usually do, but I guess today that was a good thing because I've got a new idea for a kid's book that I'd love to do. You see.... I had this dream and the way it came out as a story was BEAUTIFUL! I can't get over it! I mean it was so good that it even had awesome cinamatography, great characters and an excellent storyline that was like The Last Mimzy and Spirited Away mixed together in a beautiful package. I just know this story is going to be awesome. Let me put it to you this way - the story just moved me right down to my core. I can still feel the chills up and down my spine as to how great it was! It was just simply beautiful! So that's why I'm going to make it in to a kid's book. There's no way that I can't not do that now... especially when its' taken such a strong hold of me and won't let go. So right now, I'm going to shelf the "Top Secret Project" (Temporarily) and start working on the kid's book. Of course.... I'm going to have to come up with a code name for it later.

So what's the story about? Well.... I'm not going to say much about what it is (I'd like to get this up and published first) but I will say that I generally don't write a lot of fantasy. Not that I can't write any good fantasy, it's just not what I write a lot of. But the story is a fantasy one with a lot of adventure, mystery, and fun mixed in.

Anyways, now it's a question of writing it all down and getting together a morgue file of referances that really capture all those visuals that I saw in my mind today.

You know.... that's the great thing about dreams. It's a no-holds barred arena where ideas bounce off eachother without you judging them. All you do is watch what your mind comes up with without yourself getting in the way. Usually, you get weird mixed up stuff where yeah... you can pull SOME ideas from but not a whole lot. But then there are the other rarer dreams that you can get an entire story from that holds on to you from start to finish so when you wake up, you say "Yeah! That was so awesome! I've gotta write this one down!" I think I've really only had two such dreams like that. The first one is a Canadian comedy and that was years ago (And I'm still working on it.) and then there's today's where I'm going to create a kid's book out of it.

I was moved. And I'm not letting it go.

No comments: