Friday, August 31, 2007

Tale #44 - The Tale of No Straps

Hi, all!

Anyways, no art today. Today is more of a life-update.

First on my list of life updates, I've decided to go back to school to get my business degree/diploma. I mean what's better than having one diploma/degree? TWO of them! So I will have both a Media Arts diploma/degree and a Business diploma/degree. So now I'm upgrading my skills to become much more awesome in the future. But this also gives me more time to also train my current skills as well. If I hope to stand a chance of surviving in the industry, I have to be able to keep up with it. So I'm also going to be using the year to self-train which means more cool stuff here in TOAMG throughout the year.

Anyways, on to my next story! My best friend's computer up and quit on him due to a busted harddrive. But us being well... us, we looked at this as an opportunity to save money and see what we can salvage from the dead computer to build his dream computer. From what he tells me, he DOES have a high end graphics card in there. So right now, that's really got me thinking. So before I crack open the case to see what else I could salvage, I had to find my anti-static wrist strap. I will NOT work on any electronics without it. So as you can guess, it's seen a lot of miles. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it anywhere! My best assumption of what happened to it was that my cats must have taken off with it, chewed it up and left it somewhere for me to find. Somehow, I'm expecting a CSI-styled crime-scene here a few months from now where I'll find this chewed up hunk of moldy fabric and wire that used to be my wrist strap. But for now, looks like I'm out to buy a new one. The bad news was was that stores in my city are totally selling out of these faster than the Wii-rush of December 2006. I'm guess now at the beginning of the school year, these kinds of things would be selling like hotcakes because I can't find them. BYARG!

So now I'm going to end off this nice little blog-post with a challenge for you guys. I sorta got this out of a book I'm reading called "jPod" by Douglas Copeland. (The book made me realise how sad I am because I understoof all the geekisms and things in there. XD Wow... I really AM that geeky! XD ) But the challenge goes like this:

What you do is you write yourself as an eBay ad. You know... like you're selling yourself on eBay? These can be as crazy and as funny as you want. The purpose? Just to be silly and goof around with the semi-magical weirdness-wonders of eBay ads and you. Oh! To help you get a head start, here's an eBay ad generator that you can use to generate your silly ad. Be sure to post the goofy results you have with this. I think we all need a good crazy laugh every once in a while.

See you all later!

No comments: